The Pierre Jeanneret Counter Stool is a staple in the mid-century modern Chandigarh design. The stool is entirely composed of solid wood and woven rattan, and the beautiful blend of these two elements makes it a timeless and trendy signature piece.Materials & Features:
- Solid ash frame with Walnut or Black finish
- Solid wood backrest without finger joints
- Hand woven seat with durable rattan
- Wood treatment: Eco oil-based stain
- Product fully assembled
- Indoor use only
- All materials are non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Please note that we use natural rattan materials and each piece is unique and the natural cane tones/weave patterns do vary. There may be some split/loose fibers in the cane which is natural and will not affect the structural integrity of the chair.
Born in Geneva in 1896, Pierre Jeanneret studied at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts and worked most of his life alongside his cousin Le Corbusier. The significance of Jeanneret's contribution to the partnership has become increasingly recognized, and their 1926 manifesto "Five Points Towards a New Architecture" is seen as the foundation of their legendary careers.