Designed by Tom Dixon, Wingback Chair was inspired by traditional 17th-century Wingback and balloon-back archetypes and was developed for Shoreditch House Members Club. Its expressive sweeping curves allow designers to specify Wingback in the center of spaces as a sculptural intervention rather than merely a piece of seating. The wings provide convenient acoustic protection for mobile phone use and a headrest for quick snoozes.Materials & Features:
- Molded fiberglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam with fabric upholstery (C.O.M available)
- Medium firm cushion seat feel (cushion softness customizable)
- Legs: black lacquered metal
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Customization available - Request with Customer Service
Tom Dixon is a self-taught British designer. His career began when he discovered pleasure in welding while repairing damaged motorcycle frames after having been forced to leave his disco-punk band 'Funkapolitan' when he broke his leg in a motorcycle accident. He holds an Honorary Doctorate from Birmingham City University. He lives in London with his wife and two daughters and is often seen with his blind and deaf poodle, Molly.