The Terrazza Sofa, which translates to "Terrace", was birthed from the idea of designing a sofa that resembled the mountainous Swiss landscape. It composes seven graduated leather-wrapped cushions set on a rectangular base to form a unique topographical design. Initially met with critique from the design community, the piece quickly established itself in the world of iconic 70s glamor, and became the one-of-a-kind conversation piece that was revered.Materials & Features:
- Structure: frame made from naturally rot-resistant Merbau wood, no chemical treatments applied
- Highly resilient urethane foam
- Fabric upholstery (COM available)
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (baby-friendly)
- Fully assembled
- Width: 61.4" x Depth: 35.4" x Height: 26.4"
- Seat Height: 13" x Depth: 28.7"
- Arm Height: 16.9"
*Product displayed upholstered in Aniline Leather-Black
* All measurements are approximations.
An internationally renowned interior architect and designer, Ubald Klug completed his training at the Art and Design College in Zurich and has since gone on to win a multitude of awards for his work. He has designed products for the furniture, watch, textiles, glass, and ceramics industries, and the Terrazza Sofa, which is his most iconic creation, is still highly sought after in the design world today.