The scimitar chair was designed in the early 1960s by Jorgen Kastholm & Preben Fabricius. The Scimitar chair received great attention in its early years and has been featured in several books. It had been shown as an excellent example of classic Danish design to architect and design students around the world.Material & Feature:
- Structure: #304 high grade stainless steel frame with brush finish
- Back & seat cushion: high resilience, variable-density polyurethane covered with polyester fiber
- Top Grain/Aniline/Vintage Leather Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- All materials are Flame resistant & non-toxic (Baby Friendly)
- Width: 33" x Depth: 20" x Height: 26"
- Seat Height: 15.5"
* All measurements are approximations
Preben Fabricius and Jorgen Kastholm are both Danish designers born in 1931. Fabricius began his studies by a cabinet maker training, Kastholm was a metalworker. Both went to the School of Interior Design in Copenhagen, they met each other during this period. At the same time, they also met Finn Juhl. Fabricius and Kastholm combined their backgrounds during their entire career. Beautiful pieces have emerged of this collaboration. They received many rewards including the Gute Form prize in 1969 for their sense of innovation and craftwork. Both have been professors in a variety of Danish universities. They are renowned in worldwide for their elegant design and their meticulous savoir-faire.
Now: $1,949.00 - $2,279.00
(You save )
Solar theme designed by epicShops