Created in 1903 for the theater by the infamous Venetial designer Mariano Fortuny, theModern Studio lamp casts a bold, dramatic glow. The shade is set a top a swiveling, tilting tripod base, while the concave interior offers infinite gradations of light.Material & Feature:
- Aluminum shade in black: interior available in white, gold or silver metal leaf finish
- Black powder coated steel tripod base has 360 swivel-and-tilt capacity
- Height adjustable from 72" to 94"
- 150W max. T10 bulb Size E26 (sold separately)
- Adjustable Height: 72" - 94" x Diameter: 24"
* All measurements are approximations.
Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo was born in Granada, Spain in 1871 but spent his life in Venice, Italy. Often described as a latter-day "Renaissance Man", Fortuny was an innovator, and a thorough original. He was as well-versed in physics and chemistry as he was in art and design. In 1901 he patented an indirect theatrical lighting system, and constantly refined it thereafter. Perhaps Fortuny's most influential invention is the dimmer switch, first put into practice when he collaborated with Gabriele D'Annunzio on the stage production of the Ricardo Zandonai opera Francesca da Rimini. Fortuny was the first to make use of the opportunities electricity presented to the theater, and the techniques he invented helped to revolutionize stage lighting.
Modern Floor Lamp
(You save )
Solar theme designed by epicShops