The Le Corbusier group referred to their LC2 and LC3 Collections (1928) as "cushion baskets," which they designed as a modernist response to the traditional club chair. These pieces reverse the standard structures of sofas and chairs by having frames that are externalized. With thick, resilient pillows resting within the steel frames, the idea was to offer all the comfort of a padded surface while applying the elegant minimalism and industrial rationale of the International Style. The resulting aesthetic of the simple tubular structure is remarkably relevant to how we live today, almost 90 years later.
- Width: 38.5" x Depth: 28" x Height: 24.5"
- Seat Height:15.75"
Material & Feature:
- Frame structure: highly polished #304 grade tubular stainless steel frame with chrome finish; nylon webbing (replaceable)
- High elasticity dacron-wrapped foam with extra genuine down feather layer
- Medium firm cushion seat feel (cushion softness customizable)
- Fabric, Top Grain/Aniline Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- All the cushions are removable
- All materials are fire-retardant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Customization available - Request with Customer Service