The Egg chair was designed in 1958 by architect and designer Arne Jacobsen.
It was created specifically for the Radisson SAS hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is believed that the Egg Chair was inspired at the time by Eero Saarinen's "Womb Chair". The unique shape of the Egg Chair provides a level of privacy with its"winged design." The Egg Chair originated from Jacobsen's garage, and was originally cast in plaster. Today, the chair has an adjustable tilt feature and is formed with fiberglass, with high-density polyurethane foam padding around the entire chair structure.Material & Feature:
- Molded fiberglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam
- Fabric, Classic Suede, Top Grain/Aniline Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- Polished #304 grade stainless steel base with matte finish
- Control lever allows for tilt function for added versatility
- 360 degree swivel
- Cushions are removable
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Width: 35.4" x Depth: 34.6" x Height: 42.5"
- Seat Width: 18.9" x Depth: 17.3" x Height: 17.7" (not adjustable)
- Seat Cushion Width: 15"
* All measurements are approximations.
31 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am very satisfied with my chair.
I am completely satisfied with my purchase of the Egg Chair. Fast delivery and good customer service.
Amazing chair, fast delivery. Thinking about buying one more.
The Egg Chair live up to our expectations - a very nice chair.
We bought the egg in black wool - we are very happy for the product, delivery was great.
Nice chair which was delivered much faster than promised.
I have for a long time wanted the egg chair and when I finally got it the chair completely lived up to my expectations and more
I have 2 chairs both in black aniline leather. Really nice chairs and good quality.
Perfect packaging and perfect chair in a very fine workmanship.
Very nice chair, fast delivery, super good packaging.