This classic chair was designed in 1962 by Borge Mogensen for use in his home in Gentofte. The Borge Mogenson Chair is very minimal, and the simplicity and classic style have made this line one of Mogensen"s most popular designs. It is upholstered in premium leather on all sides and includes medium-density foam filled seat and back cushions, providing comfortable and spacious seating.This piece is part of a collection that includesthe 2213 Sofa and 2212 Loveseat for a complete living room set.Material & Feature:
- Structure: Frame made from naturally rot resistant Merbau wood; No chemical treatment
- Cushions filled with high resiliency foam with feather-down wrap
- Medium firm cushion seat feel (cushion softness customizable)
- Top Grain/Aniline/Vintage Leather Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- Solid ash legs with natural, walnut and black stain finish
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (Baby Friendly)
- Customization available - Request with Customer Service
- Width: 37" x Depth: 32" x Height: 30"
- Seat Height: 18" x Depth: 21"
* All measurements are approximations.
Borge Mogensen was born in Aalborg, Denmark. He started as a cabinetmaker in 1934, and studied furniture design at the Danish School of Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen from 1936"38. From 1938-43 he worked at various design studios in Copenhagen, including with Kaare Klint. In 1959 he left FDB"s furniture design studio to found his own design studio. His work has been featured in one-man exhibitions in Zurich, London, New York, Stockholm, Paris and Copenhagen. His furniture, strongly representative of his training as a traditional craftsman, was greatly appreciated by a public who had not yet become interested in modernism and the changes its influence had created on furniture and the decorative arts. He designed a sofa in 1945 with leather ties which allowed the sides to be dropped down. A 1949 chair, claimed by critics to be"a model for future chairs," used a curved, slightly sloping backrest, cut out along the spine in an organic dewdrop shape. He designed a set of simple, sturdy and modest furniture for a seaside cottage in 1959, a very traditional oak table and chair set in 1960 and a set in pine to furnish a"husband"s study" in 1962.
Borge Mogensen 2211 Armchair
Now: $1,549.00 - $1,929.00
(You save )
Solar theme designed by epicShops