The PK31 Loveseat was originally inspired by Poul Kjaerholm and designed in 1958. This timeless classic designer lounge chair remains a superb example of Poul Kjaerholm's realization of the minimalistic ideal furniture form.
The PK31 Loveseat stands out with its modern classic design features and maintains its identity in any space and never loses its presence. Our stunning modern reproduction is made to the style of the original design which has trapezoidal armrests that conjure up memories of the stylish seats aboard a transatlantic 707 flight to Paris in the early 60s. The PK31 Loveseat combines elegant luxury with comfort.Materials & Features:
- Structure: hardwood frame with highly resilient urethane foam for back & seat; treated for durability & pests control using a non-toxic Kiln-dried treatment
- Cushions: high elasticity dacron-wrapped foam with genuine down feather layer
- Medium firm cushion seat feel (cushion softness customizable)
- Fabric, Top Grain/Aniline Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- Highly polished #304 grade stainless steel legs with brushed finish
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
Poul Kjrholm (1929-1980) was a trained carpenter and continued his studies at the Danish School of Arts and Crafts. He had a particular interest in different construction materials; especially steel which he considered a natural material with the same artistic fineness as other natural materials. Poul Kjrholm was employed at Fritz Hansen for about a year, where he designed a number of noteworthy chair prototypes. In 1955 Poul Kjrholm initiated his collaboration with manufacturer Ejvind Kold Christensen, which lasted until Poul Kjrholm's death in 1980. In 1982, Fritz Hansen took over the production and sales of "The Kjrholm Collection", developed from 1951 to 1967, designs, which are logical to the minute detail with an aura of exclusivity. In 2007 Fritz Hansen added two new pieces to the Kjrholm Collection. Pieces that were never in production before, the PK8 side chair and PK58 dining table.