Efficient, convenient, and seamless deliveryLearn More
We offer 1-year warranty coverage on our productsLearn More
No-hassle returns accepted within 14 days of deliveryLearn More
Designed by Jorgen Hovelskov, the Harp chair is a a unique piece of modern Danish design. Inspired by the arching curves of the bow and stern of a Viking boat, the chair was originally named the Viking Chair when exhibited for the first time in 1963. The woven rope's resemblance to the strings of a harp, meant it was later named by a journalist as the Harp Chair.Material & Feature:
- Structure: Ash wood frame with double dowels and corner-block-reinforcing
- Balanced tension natural flag line
- All materials are Flame resistant & non-toxic (Baby Friendly)
- Width: 41" x Depth: 44" x Height: 53"
- Seat Height: 15.5"
* All measurements are approximations
Jorgen Hovelskov was born in 1935. He served as a Danish visual artist who produced key works as part of the golden age of Danish furniture. Hovelskov created the "Viking Chair," which was exhibited for the first time in 1963. The chair was awarded the best design at the Copenhagen Company of Joiners, one of the highest accolades at that time.